I don’t know about you guys, but I am not much of a cake person. I just have never liked it that much. But I love cookies! Especially chocolate chip cookies! I know there are a lot of recipes out there for them. Some of them are good I am sure! They’re hard to do wrong but my moms recipe just always tastes better than anything else! I thought I should share it with you 🙂
2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon of sea salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave if you are lazy. But I recommend using a saucepan and melting until the butter starts to brown. Let the butter cool.
3. Mix together butter and sugar until blended well. (recommend power mixer) Then start to add in the eggs + yolk, and vanilla. Once that is combined slowly add in dry ingredients. Make sure the power is on low otherwise it will go everywhere!!
4. Stir in chocolate chips! (Favorite part)
5. Let cookie dough cool in refrigerator for 24 hours. Make sure the next day you let it reach room temp. This will give them the crispy outside and chewy inside.
6. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, place small round cookie dough balls onto non-stick cookie dough pan. Make sure to leave a couple inches between each ball.
7. Let cookies cook for 8-11 minutes. You want the edges to be golden and the center to still be a bit uncooked.
Hope you enjoyed this little recipe. Let me know of any requests you have for other recipes!