gerund or present participle: bloating
make or become swollen with fluid or gas.
We all have those days when our stomach is looking just a bit bigger than we want it to. Some people just assume that it is fat. Well it actually might just be from bloating! Here are my tips on how to reduce your bloating.
1. Don’t eat too quickly!! Eating too fast can cause air bubbles in your stomach that can lead to bloating. Eating too quickly can also lead to overeating which obviously is not good for your body. To avoid overeating try eating on a smaller plate. It will trick your brain into thinking you are eating more than you are.
2. Stay away from the carbonated drinks. Drinks such as soda, or carbonated water can cause gas bubbles to get trapped in your belly. The sugar isn’t good for you anyways and dark sodas stain your teeth. Instead try a fruit smoothie or peppermint tea that can help reduce bloating.
3. Limit your sodium intake. Things such as chips, ramen, pickles, or anything with a large amount of sodium can add to that bloated feeling. Try to eat a Cliff bar or Fiber One bar instead.
4. Don’t over do it with the bread. You know those annoying girls that are like “oh my gosh I can’t eat carbs. They make you fat.” Well they may be annoying but they’re not wrong. Although not all carbs can make you fat. Complex carbs are a good thing to have in your diet. Try eating some brown rice.
5. Finally, exercise. I think it is pretty obvious why exercise is a good idea. Personally I love going to my local fitness center for a Zumba dance class. They are fun but also gets you moving!
Foods that help with bloating:
Studies have shown that foods with probiotics help reduce bloating. Such as peppermint tea, ginger, pineapple, parsley, and probiotic yogurts.
A healthy smoothie that will help you slim down:
1 cup raw spinach
1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup frozen pineapples
1 teaspoon organic flax seed
1 teaspoon dried coconut flakes
1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon of your favorite protein powder
-start off by putting the spinach, and all the fruit into your blender.
– add the flax seed, protein powder, and almond milk.
-BLEND! Blend until smooth or your desired consistency.
-pour into your glass and sprinkle with coconut shavings.